Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Your Neck of the Woods

Hi, it's Kim from Katydid Cards sharing a  card I made using the adorable Giraffe Photopolymer Stamp:


In previous posts I've colored the images and paper-pieced them.  On this card, I "filled" them with pattern in my Silhouette design screen.  To do this with a photopolymer stamp, all you need to do is stamp it as you normally would, scan it into your computer and then import it to the Silhouette (or the e-cutter you have in your craft room).

Once in my design screen, I trace the image and then select the area(s) I want to fill using the drag and drop method.  Here's a closer look at the image so you can see the various patterns:


I layered the image on two stitched ovals and then placed it on my card base which I embossed with an overall leaf pattern.  I decided I wanted to make my greeting run down the side of the card, so I cut 3/4" from the front right hand side (leaving the back full size).  I printed my greeting on a piece of white card stock and cut it to 1 1/4" and attached it under the front of the card, lining it up with the edge on the back of my card.  Here's a picture, just in case that sounds confusing:


For the sentiment inside, I just couldn't help but refer to your "neck" of the woods...I mean, how can you have a cute giraffe and not refer to his long neck???


For those of you who have an interest, I used the Agent Orange font and filled it with the same pattern as the leaves, making the shadow black.

I hope you like my card and will come back again soon to see what all the other designers have created for you.  And if you have the chance, please come visit me at Katydid Cards as I would love for you to see the other cards I've made recently.



1 comment: