Friday, July 7, 2017

Christmas in July

Seasons greetings! Sunsational Stamps is featuring Christmas in July so my thoughts have shifted to getting some of my Christmas cards started.  I have to make what seems like millions of them and most have to be mail-friendly, so this design has dimension and detail but it is almost completely flat.


I used Sunsational stamps Santa's List and colored this adorable elf with my Copic markers.  I used the colorless blender to give his pants a plaid-like pattern.  (I hope you can see it)
The bells on his shoes were colored using Scrapbook.com's gold metallic marker. I fussy cut it out to pop it up (just a little) with foam adhesive, onto my background.



Which brings us to how that was created.  I used a piece of 140# watercolor paper and stamped Raisin Boat's Lollipop background with clear VersaMark ink, sprinkled it with Ranger white embossing powder and heat set it.  I smooshed some Distress inks in Candy Apple Red and Picked Raspberry onto my craft mat and then dropped some water on them to get my watercolor ready. Next I generously swiped water on my embossed piece and then started dropping color into the little 'lollipops' in a random order. Finally I spritzed the watercolor panel with perfect pearls that I have premixed in a mini mister. Stamped the inside with 'You're on the SWEET list!' and called it done.  I went with a mix of traditional green along with non traditional light green, light red and bright pink for my color scheme.  I kind of lean toward the brighter colors for my cards, but I do mix it up since I make so many.

We would love if you would pop on over to the blog and enter a Christmas project of your own in our monthly challenge. While you are there take a look in our store for some adorable Christmas images and stamp sets.  Just click on this link to get there!
I hope you enjoyed today's post and it inspires you to start creating your Holiday cards and tags.  Please follow our blog and I would love it if you would like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, so you don't miss a thing!
Happy Holidays…tee hee, I mean Happy Scrappin'
Eileen




1 comment: