Saturday, September 2, 2017

In With Autumn

Hi there fellow crafters, I was looking at the plants today and noticed how the colors are starting to change.  Not quite the reds, oranges and vibrant yellows of fall, but the typical flowers and foliage of late summer, Black Eyed Susan, Strawflowers, Sunflowers and whatever those gorgeous purple leafy things are…I am clearly not a botanist.  So today I thought we could take a peek at the beginning of our early autumn palate with a gold embossed vellum card.


I did something completely different today, I printed out the digi images I wanted in my scene and I traced them onto the vellum with pencil.  Next I retraced the images with my embossing pen, sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and heat set it.  I almost left it plain, I loved the look so much, but decided to color the images in as planned with alcohol markers.  You have to color the back side of the vellum for it to look good.  The images I used were Squirrel with Fence and Squirrel with Pumpkins & Sunflower, you can find them Here.
I mottled the petals to give them interest and I colored the entire center with 4 or 5 different colors, but instead of flicking or coloring I used dots to replicate the center of a sunflower.  I added lines to the acorns and just colored the remaining images as usual.




I sponged Broken China and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks onto the card base and  then stamped it with "Life is Good" stamp from one of my Close To My Heart sets.  I added Matte Multi Media glue to the image outlines (so it would not show through the vellum) and adhered it to the inked card base.  I added three little Queen & Co Ice bling to highlight the sentiment and called it a day.

Please head on over to Sunsational Stamps September Challenge, the theme is Fall.  You can get there from Here

I hope you enjoyed todays technique and card.  Please follow the blog by clicking on the "Follow Me" button, Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram so you don't miss a thing!

Happy Scrappin'



No comments:

Post a Comment