In a perfect world, we'd all get along; no arguments or ill will. But this is real life and conflicts can and do happen. It's happened to you, right?
Well, my card made with Sunsational Stamp's Life is a Picnic digi stamp set is for those real life occasions when you just want to say you're happy to have "worked the bugs out". And here's the card:
This type of card is called a Tri-fold Shadowbox. I made it with a Lori Whitlock cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store. I changed things up a bit to accommodate the images. And speaking of the images...isn't that the cutest bug you ever saw?
The tri-fold back and center front piece were cut from a pale blue I had in my stash. I embossed the center panel with the Cloudy Day embossing folder...one of my favorites.
Next I filled my l'il bug with digital patterned paper. The paper has a bit of tan in it, so I color- matched the side panels and the center, middle shadowbox panel to that. Here's a closer look:
I cut the eyes and nose separately and popped them with dimensionals. Then I coated his nose with black Nuvo Drops and highlighted his eyes with White Gel Pen. The sun was covered with clear Wink of Stella.
I love the greeting included in the set and wanted to use it, but I wanted it filled with pattern. To accomplish this, I traced it and filled it with the same patterned paper right in my Silhouette.
And here's one last look from above so you can see the fold better. For mailing, the sides fold in and to fit in a padded envelope or a "chunky" card envelope also sold in the Silhouette store.
See you soon with another card. In the meantime, come visit me at Katydid Cards if you get the chance. And, if you do, please say, "hello"!
Before I leave you, I want to remind you about Sunsational Stamp's month challenge. This month the theme is Summer Fun. How about getting creative and join us over on the Sunsational Stamps Facebook Challenge Page.
And here are the rules:
- You can choose to make any paper crafts/ altered art creation you like as long as it fits the challenge theme.
- You can enter a maximum of 3 times as long as it fits in with the theme and is a new creation.
- Using a Sunsational Stamps image will gain you extra entries into the prize drawing. Please name your images In your post.
- All entries must be new, please do not link creations that have been posted prior to the day the of the current challenge.
- You must mention and make a link to our challenge on your blog/website to be eligible to win the prize
- It is OK to link other online forums.
- You are allowed to combine challenges.
- If you don't have a blog you can link your photo from your Facebook account.
- All entries to be linked before 8am EST, 1pm UK time, 2pm CET on Wednesday Jun 30th.
- The most important thing is that you have fun making your creations.
- There will be prizes and the winners will be chosen at random from all the entries.
- We are looking forward to seeing all your entries.