Friday, June 9, 2017

Under the Shade of a Daisy

Hello one and all, today we are thinking summertime.  I am using the Mouse and Flower  stamp set from Sunsational Stamps that you can find Here.  The little mouse seeking shade under the daisy makes me smile. I am a huge fan of daisies and believe it or not, mice...the cartoon version that is.  :)


First off, I used an oval template, taped down to the lower right corner of my cardstock, and then taped a chicken wire stencil ( from TCW) over that. I sponged on Distress Ink in Mermaid Lagoon.  Once I removed the stencil, I again sponged more Mermaid Lagoon over the entire oval opening.  This process darkens the already inked pattern and lightly colors the actual chicken wire outline. Then I colored this cute little fella with my Copic markers and fussy cut the mouse and daisy.  I used foam squares to pop it up on the stenciled area.
 
For the 'Hello' (by Lawn Fawn), I die cut both a piece of orange cardstock as well as the yellow speech bubble which is a die set from the Speech Bubble Edgy Options set by Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I did this so I could inlay the word into the bubble and eliminate bulk for easy mailing.
 
This panel was adhered to a top folding white notecard and it was complete.


 
I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Please like us on Facebook follow us on Instagram and follow our blog so you don't miss a thing!
 
Happy scrappin'

1 comment:

  1. This is just adorable! That mouse is so sweet and you have colored him beautifully! Love hos you showcased him, too!

    ReplyDelete