Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Owl Tell You A Secret

Howdy-Hoot!  Well today's project began as one idea and ended slightly different.  You would never know if I didn't tell you…but I am going to let you in on a little secret…I made an oopsie.  There is a mantra that most paper crafters live by and that is "There are NO mistakes in paper crafting, just opportunities to embellish" or in this case alter the image.  ;)
Warm Winter Wishes Card
Warm Winter Wishes Card
This is the end result, and I am happy with it, however, it was supposed to have two adorable owls on it.  But low and behold if I didn't stamp the sentiment too high.  UGH!  I have ten thousand more things to make between now and yesterday so the idea of making another background was stressing me out, sooo….I cut one of the owls off and there you have it, one owl wishing you warm winter wishes instead of two.
Original Image with both owls
Original Image with both owls
I colored the image with colored pencils and blended it with Gamsol.  The image Owl Always Need You is from the Sunsational Stamps Shop.  Aren't they adorable?!
Background for card
Background for card
The background was made by sponging layer upon layer of Distress inks.  I layered Tumbled Glass all over the cardstock then I added Peacock Feathers to part of it.  I flicked some water on top and dabbed dry with a paper towel, to create the snowy bokeh look.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment which is from Close To My Heart'Frosted set.  And as you see from the picture, the sentiment was a bit too high to accommodate both the owls…sigh…
Details of Warm Winter Wishes Card
Details of Warm Winter Wishes Card
I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Please hop on over to my blog at Paper Canvas Creations.  We should love it if you would follow our blogs by clicking on the 'Follow Me' button and Like us on Facebook so you don't miss a thing.
Happy Scrappin'

2 comments: