Friday, April 20, 2018

Big Floral Hugs

Welcome, today I wanted to make a card for my Sister-in-Law who is struggling with health issues.  I wanted it to be bright and cheery and spring-like…since Mother Nature is not cooperating in our neck of the woods, I had to make it happen with art.  :)

I used my big floral stamp set from Sunsational Stamps, you can find their shop Here.  I stamped it several times in VersaMark clear ink onto Ranger Watercolor Paper and heat set it with fine white embossing powder.  I then used a rainbow assortment of my Distress Oxide Inks and added them here and there.  While it was still wet I splattered a couple of the colors on by flicking a paintbrush.  I wanted it to spread a bit and look all dreamy.



I stamped Big Hug from a retired Close To My Heart set and heat set it with fine white embossing powder as well.  I cut it into a tag shape, punched a small hole in the side and added twine I colored with alcohol markers to match the coral color of one of the inks and the card base.



I layered the panel onto black cardstock, added it to the card base, popped up the sentiment with foam squares, added iridescent sequins and called it done.

Be sure and check out this month's challenge, you can find the post and link up by clicking Here. Good luck, we can’t wait to see what you all create!

I hope you enjoyed today’s card, thank you for stopping by, please follow our blog by clicking on the “Follow Me” button and Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram so you don’t miss a thing!

Happy Scrappin'
Eileen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment