Friday, October 20, 2017

They're Ookie and They're Spooky

Hi there, today I needed another Halloween card so I couldn't wait to use the cute little spooks in the Spooktacular Halloween digi set by Sunsational Stamps.  I love how adorable these little characters are.  This set packs in a lot of images, and you can find it Here


I started out by making two background pieces using the JustRite Crackle and the JustRite Brick background stamps.  I stamped the Brick background on a piece of medium grey cardstock using Close To My Heart Slate ink.  I then stamped the Crackle background onto white cardstock using CTMH Whisper ink.  I VERY LIGHTLY sponged the Whisper ink onto the white cardstock so it would just barely tint the paper but not to blend out the crackle pattern.

The next step was to cut my windows in the crackle patterned piece.  I used a 1-1/4" square and a 3-1/2" circle (that I only partially cut) to form the half circle window.  I then trimmed the bottom using an Exacto knife and straightedge.  I backed this piece with a light yellow cardstock so it looked like eerie light coming from the windows.

I printed out the super cute pumpkin, ghost and bat, then colored them using my Copic markers.  I fussy cut them out leaving a very thin outline, so they popped a bit.  I added each one to a window.  I then drew in spider webs and added this panel to the brick background piece using foam tape to pop it up.  The whole shebang was added to a white card base.




I found this shiny and whimsical Happy Halloween border piece in my stash.  It was from an old K&Company collection I have had since a class I took many years ago at Scrapfest, gosh I miss that event…sigh.

I hope you enjoyed todays card, please follow our blog by clicking on the “Follow Me” button and Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram so you don’t miss a thing!

Happy Scrappin’



No comments:

Post a Comment