Hi! It's Kim from Katydid Cards!
The image I used for my card today is aptly named, Sweet Sam. He is sweet...and so is that candy cane he's holding! I thought he would be just right for our Christmas in July theme.
To make this shaker card, I imported the image into my Silhouette design screen and traced him to create cut lines. I removed all the lines except those which would be the white part of the candy cane. Then I placed him on a panel of some cute digital paper from a collection called Candy Cane Lane.
I printed then colored him with Copic markers. I added some Marvy Snow Marker to his hat for the fur and some Wink of Stella on the candy cane and he's all set!
Here's another look at him from a slightly different angle; trying to capture both the coloring and the shaker contents.
And one more picture trying to zero in on the shaker contents, which are the Moonshine Collection...clear sequins in various sizes. I used the foam adhesive strips from Stampin' Up behind the panel as they are slightly thicker than mounting tape, thus allowing more room to "shake".
And one final picture of the inside of the card with a sentiment color matched to the digital paper from the front.
And here are the rules:
- You can choose to make any paper crafts/ altered art creation you like as long as it fits the challenge theme.
- You can enter a maximum of 3 times as long as it fits in with the theme and is a new creation.
- Using a Sunsational Stamps image will gain you extra entries into the prize drawing. Please name your images In your post.
- All entries must be new, please do not link creations that have been posted prior to the day the of the current challenge.
- You must mention and make a link to our challenge on your blog/website to be eligible to win the prize
- It is OK to link other online forums.
- You are allowed to combine challenges.
- If you don't have a blog you can link your photo from your Facebook account.
- All entries to be linked before 8am EST, 1pm UK time, 2pm CET on Wednesday Jun 30th.
- The most important thing is that you have fun making your creations.
- There will be prizes and the winners will be chosen at random from all the entries.
- We are looking forward to seeing all your entries.
I'll see you soon with another card. Or you can come visit with me at Katydid Cards