Monday, August 24, 2015

Tuesday With a Twist

Hello friends, followers and fans!  With everyone in the 'Back to School' mode, I thought it would be fun to put a little twist on our Tuesday.  Humans are NOT the only ones that go to school...pups go to obedience class, and one pup in particular that I am referring to is my daughter's Yorkie, Jack.  I thought a little card to commemorate the occasion was in order.
Card using "In The Doghouse" digital image.
Card using "In the Doghouse" digital image.
I used the 'In the Doghouse' image (I omitted the sentiment at the bottom) and colored it with Close To My Heart colored pencils.  I also used Gamsol mineral spirits and a blending stump to smooth out the pencil lines.  This was the first time I used this technique and I really loved it.  I learned it this past weekend when I attended the Scrapbook Expo in Schaumburg, Illinois.  I added the word "Skool" to the "Schoolhouse" and drew in the K and L backwards…just a little whimsy.  ;)
IMG_1725
Inside of Doghouse card
Inside of Doghouse card
IMG_1719
First I printed my digital image on the right hand side of the card stock then I cut the top of the card to follow the roof line and folded it over along the side of the house.  The house card's finished size is a standard A2 size.
I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Stop by the digi store at Sunsational Stamps and Scrapping with Lisa at http://scrappingwithlisadesigns.com and please check out my blog at www.papercanvascreations.wordpress.com

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Really cute card Love your technique getting the shape card and the Gamsol !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, it was fun to make..and the "school master" pup is an animated version of my very own Riley! :)

      Delete